FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How it works?
- plug in a USB 3.0 port
- punch in your PIN and your new unique encryption key will activate
- simply upload the data you want to protect
- from Krypterix encrypted data can be uploaded to any cloud simply
- read encrypted data stored on your Krypterix
- enjoy worry free nights, your data is secured
Where do I get my pin?
- your pin is generated upon your first use of Krypterix
- punch in activation code XYZ
- when the LIGHTS FLASH punch in the 9-digit pin only you know
- your device is activated
How do I store my pin?
- The best possible way is to remember it.
- If you want to store your pin just in case, we suggest you write it on a paper and put it somewhere safe – where only you know the place. For example – put it into your favourite book at grandmas place.
- You can also save it on your computer / laptop, but there is a slightly higher possibilitie, that someone will hack your pin. But then again – they still need your Krypterix, to get to your data, cause pin without your unique encryption key can not decrypt your data.
What happens if I lose / forget my pin?
- In this case only god can help you 😉 …you can also go to Zurich to hack-laboratory and pay them around 1 Milion EUR + a few hundred thousand EUR to a hacker, so you will get the encryption key and your pin within a 6 months period 🙂
- Seriously: if you need 100% coverage in case you loose your PIN, we have a perfect solution for you – iStor DataVault backup service. The idea is – you have your backup in Switzerland in the most secure environment possible – if you loose your PIN, you reset krypterix PIN, erase all your data, unlock the device with default PIN (123456789) and restore data from iStor. No data lost! Just don’t forget to change your PIN.
- If you take iStor backup for 24 months, you get your brand new Alu-model krypterix for free! Check out this case HERE.
What are possible scenarios if my Krypterix is stolen?
- Yes, we understand your misery, because you dont have krypterix anymore… But let us feel you up with some positive energy – feel safe, nobody can access your data!
Is it possible to store my encrypted data to a cloud? Which one?
- Krypterix is compatible with all cloud services, it’s functionality enables you to send encrypted data to any device or cloud you want.
Is it possible to read my encrypted data in the cloud / through web browser?
- That is impossible – that would mean additional vulnerability. The only way to read your encrypted data is from your krypterix.
Is it possible to colaborate with 5 (or more) team members through custom cloud solution using Krypterix?
- Yes. The only precondition is that all team members should have mirrored partitioned krypterix with the same encryption key, which means with the same pin.